We are so pleased to be able to once again open our doors to the gardeners of Taunton and beyond!
For the time being our opening hours will be:
Monday - Saturday 10am - 4.30pm
Sundays - 10.15am - 4.15pm
Of course, our main priority is to ensure the safety of our employees & customers, and therefore we have implemented a range of measures:
• We have created a new entrance queuing area with social distancing measures.
• We will be limiting the volume of customers allowed into the centre at any one time, using 1 out, 1 in. We will also turn cars away if too many people are arriving.
• Hand Sanitiser points have been installed at the entrance, and other locations throughout the centre. Customers are encouraged to use the hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
• We have a trolley cleaning station at the entrance and trolley handles will be wiped down prior to issue.
• There is a one-way system throughout the entire store, including no entry, & social distancing segregation. Pathways have been widened to give sufficient space for passing.
• We are requesting customers not to 'browse', to select their products, and make their way to the exit to pay.
• We have regular announcements on our music PA system reminding people of the measures in store.
• We are only taking card payments, to reduce unnecessary handling / contact.
• Our reduced opening hours will give us sufficient time to complete in-store tasks without a flow of customers.
We will also continue to offer a delivery service for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable coming into store. If you wish to place an order please visit our website – www.monktonelmgardencentre.co.uk/onlineshop
If you are visiting the garden centre in the next few days, you will notice that the road from the A38 to our gate is closed. You can access the garden centre via the A3259 from Monkton Heathfield direction as normal. If you normally come to us via the A38 there is a short diversion route that you can take via Bawler road which runs parallel to the cricket ground just along from the garden centre. Below is a map to demonstrate…