Covid-19 changes at Monkton Elm
Click a heading below to jump to that section
General Measures & Open Hours
For the time being our opening hours will be:
Monday - Saturday 9am - 4.30pm
Sundays - 10.15am - 4.15pm
These reduced hours allow us to safely restock while we are closed to the public
Of course, our main priority is to ensure the safety of our employees & customers, and therefore we have implemented a range of measures:
• Hand Sanitiser points have been installed at the entrance, and other locations throughout the centre. Customers are encouraged to use the hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
• We have a trolley cleaning station at the entrance and trollies will be sanitised on a regular basis
• There is a one-way system throughout the entire store, including no entry, & social distancing segregation. Pathways have been widened to give sufficient space for passing.
• We are requesting customers not to 'browse', to select their products, and make their way to the exit to pay.
• We encourage people to use contactless payment methods where possible
• Our reduced opening hours will give us sufficient time to complete in-store tasks without a flow of customers.
We will also continue to offer a delivery service for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable coming into store. If you wish to place an order please visit our website – www.monktonelmgardencentre.co.uk/onlineshop
Restaurant & Pondside Cafe
As of Wednesday 8th July 2020 The Elm Tree Restaurant has reopened. We have many new measures in place in ensure safe and comfortable operations. Full details can be found on the restaurant webpage here... https://www.monktonelmgardencentre.co.uk/restaurant-cafe
The Pondside Cafe will remain closed until further notice.
Our pet centre is open and selling all the normal ranges of nutritious foods, toys & pet accessories. However, for the time being, we are unable to sell animals, due to the close contact required to sell and advise on them. This will be the case until social distancing rules have been relaxed.
From Monday 15th June 2020, we are delighted to announce that we can start selling fabric, ribbon by metre & loose buttons on a non-contact basis.
The safety of our customers and our staff is our highest priority. At ALL times, please ensure you follow the appropriate Social Distancing Guidelines set by the Government.
Accordingly the following procedure is now in place to make it safe for you shop these products once again.
Please read the rules below before purchasing...
· Please wait behind the Red Line for a member of our staff to serve you. Please use the disinfectant gel provided.
· Our member of staff will help you identify what fabric or products you are interested in by selecting and holding up the items for you to view - whilst they are standing in the Service Area. Customers are not allowed to touch the products directly at any time.
· Our member of staff will then cut and package your items with no direct physical contact as they have been provided with their own gloves, bags & scissors.
· After every use, all items used to serve including the cutting table will be disinfected thoroughly before the next customer can be served.
· Please note, that Returns will not be accepted on any of the above items.
We have now reopened our main toilet block along side the Elm Tree Restaurant. We also have toilets open, outside, next to the Pondside café which is about one third around the one way system.
This area is now fully open.
Refunds & Returns
Our returns policy has now been reinstated.