Covid-19 changes at Monkton Elm
Click a heading below to jump to that section
General Measures & Open Hours
For the time being our opening hours will be:
Monday - Saturday 10am - 4.30pm
Sundays - 10.15am - 4.15pm
These reduced hours allow us to safely restock while we are closed to the public
Of course, our main priority is to ensure the safety of our employees & customers, and therefore we have implemented a range of measures:
• We have created a new entrance queuing area with social distancing measures.
• We will be limiting the volume of customers allowed into the centre at any one time, using 1 out, 1 in. We will also turn cars away if too many people are arriving.
• Hand Sanitiser points have been installed at the entrance, and other locations throughout the centre. Customers are encouraged to use the hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
• We have a trolley cleaning station at the entrance and trolley handles will be wiped down prior to issue.
• There is a one-way system throughout the entire store, including no entry, & social distancing segregation. Pathways have been widened to give sufficient space for passing.
• We are requesting customers not to 'browse', to select their products, and make their way to the exit to pay.
• We have regular announcements on our music PA system reminding people of the measures in store.
• We are only taking card payments, to reduce unnecessary handling / contact.
• Our reduced opening hours will give us sufficient time to complete in-store tasks without a flow of customers.
We will also continue to offer a delivery service for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable coming into store. If you wish to place an order please visit our website – www.monktonelmgardencentre.co.uk/onlineshop
Restaurant & Pondside Cafe
Due to the current Covid-19 government directive, the Elm Tree Restaurant and Pondside cafe will remain closed until further notice.
We look forward to the restaurant and cafe reopening as soon as it is safe to do so.
Update 25.06.20 - Following the announcement that restaurants will be allowed to open from July 4th we are investigated ways in which we can safely reopen The Elm Tree Restaurant in early July.
Our pet centre is open and selling all the normal ranges of nutritious foods, toys & pet accessories. However, for the time being, we are unable to sell animals, due to the close contact required to sell and advise on them. This will be the case until social distancing rules have been relaxed.
From Monday 15th June 2020, we are delighted to announce that we can start selling fabric, ribbon by metre & loose buttons on a non-contact basis.
The safety of our customers and our staff is our highest priority. At ALL times, please ensure you follow the appropriate Social Distancing Guidelines set by the Government.
Accordingly the following procedure is now in place to make it safe for you shop these products once again.
Please read the rules below before purchasing...
· Please wait behind the Red Line for a member of our staff to serve you. Please use the disinfectant gel provided.
· Our member of staff will help you identify what fabric or products you are interested in by selecting and holding up the items for you to view - whilst they are standing in the Service Area. Customers are not allowed to touch the products directly at any time.
· Our member of staff will then cut and package your items with no direct physical contact as they have been provided with their own gloves, bags & scissors.
· After every use, all items used to serve including the cutting table will be disinfected thoroughly before the next customer can be served.
· Please note, that Returns will not be accepted on any of the above items.
Our main toilets will have to remain closed until social distancing rules are relaxed as they have a narrow access way. This is a result of the guidance set out by the government and part of the rules for us to be able to open. We do have toilets open, outside, next to the Pondside café which is about one third around the one way system.
Due to narrow access ways which are not conducive to social distancing a small percentage of the giftware/food hall area will remain closed to the public
Refunds & Returns
We are currently only able to offer refunds on products that are faulty or damaged. This is to minimise the handling of stock items and reduce the risk of contamination. We cannot currently issue refunds for any other reason (such as change of mind, wrong size purchased, over purchased etc). If you need to return an item for any other reason please keep your receipt safe and keep the products in 'new' condition and when things return to normal we will be able to issue a refund.
See our refund page here for full details on refunds at Monkton Elm.