Denis' Recipes - Beetroot and chocolate Brownie
- 600g unsalted butter
- 1kg dark chocolate
- 9 eggs
- 750g soft dark brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 500g grated cooked beetroot
* Melt the butter and chocolate together in bowl over hot water or in a microwave. If using a microwave make sure you stir the mix every few seconds so it does not burn.
* Mix the eggs and sugar with a whisk until you get a smooth pale mixture.
* Mix the butter/chocolate and egg/sugar together.
* Add the flour gradually.
* Finally add the grated beetroot.
* Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
* Cook in a fan assisted oven 170C for 29 minutes. Leave to cool down before removing from the tray and slice.